Friday, January 27, 2012

Strawberry Jam

I decided to try making homemade strawberry jam this summer. It was an experiment that ended up turning out DELICIOUSLY! Ryan and I both loved it, and I ended up making a couple batches of strawberry jam and one of blueberry jam (which I gave away, and those people all loved it!). So here's basically how's it done. If you want to try it, just buy Sure Jell (it comes in little yellow boxes, and you can get it at Walmart) and follow the instructions!

You start by cutting up strawberries and putting them in the blender. (If I remember right, I ended up using 1 box of strawberries. Maybe a bit more or less.)


Blend them until they look about like this.


Put the strawberry goodness into a bowl, and pour in the sugar.


Then stir it until it looks about like this, and then I think it's supposed to sit for about 10 minutes.


Then you combine the Sure Jell (1 package) and water, and bring it to a boil.


Then you combine the Sure Jell/water combo with the strawberry/sugary goodness, and stir it.

Then you pour it into freezer safe containers, and let it sit out for 24 hours. Then you can refrigerate it and eat it, or you can freeze it for up to a year (if it lasts that long!!!).



This is delicious, amazing jam! I can't wait until next summer to make a lot more, so we can have it all throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment