Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Week Before Our Wedding

So, I'm going to pause from the honeymoon stories (which are almost done), and I'm going to tell you about the wedding itself! :)

I must go back to about the week or so before, when family started arriving from out-of-town. My Grandpa and Grandma drove in a week early so they could be at my parent's surprise 30th Anniversary party (hurray for parents going to CA for my cousin's wedding a week before mine!). We put them to work folding wedding programs and such things.


Then on Tuesday morning, I drove to Chicago to pick up my cousin, Lizzy, from the airport. Then I think it was late that night we all hiked back to the airport to pick up my CA family. Thursday, the rest of the VA cousins arrived. It was great to have everyone there, and nice to spend time with them before the wedding! And it was extremely helpful to have them all there to make food, help me move things, and do other pre-wedding getting ready! We also had some fun too!


One of the funniest, but very helpful things was when my cousin decided which of my Grandmother's handkerchiefs I should use. I'm sure you know how I have such a difficult time deciding things. Well, I had narrowed down my choices for handkerchiefs, and I just could not decide which one to put around my bouquet. In walks my 6-year old cousin, Simon, and I asked him which one I should use. He looked at them, and then picked. And yes, that is the one I went with.


Friday, Lizzy and I got our nails done, and then we went and checked out the almost-completed set-up for the reception. Everything looked so wonderful (thanks to my sister-in-law, Heathre, and all who helped her)! It was also nice to be able to see everything set up before there were a couple hundred people in the room!

Then it was off to the rehearsal...


And then to dinner at Traverso's, a tasty pizza place that we like. Then we all headed to home to get a good night of sleep before our special day...

No comments:

Post a Comment